Jobs & Internships
INTERNSHIP: Amphitheater Events Intern
Job Title: Amphitheater Events Internship
Department: Facilities/Fund Development
Start-End Date: Ongoing by semester (spring/fall)
Hours: Flexible; Must be willing to work evenings and weekends
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
To assist in the production of events in the Hunter Amphitheater at the Marine Discovery Center. The Amphitheater Events Intern must demonstrate the ability to interact professionally with volunteers, MDC staff, MDC Board members and the general public. This position requires excellent independent work skills and the ability to multitask.
· Audio Visual skills, both analog and digital
· Trained in audio mix and mastering techniques
· Understanding of stage management, operations and lighting
· Knowledge of all types of musical instruments
· Ability to book talent and reviewing contracts
· Lead and direct volunteers and paid employees
· Work weekends and evenings based on theatre scheduling
· Demonstrate good telephone skills
· Open to constructive criticism and able to follow directions
An undergraduate student currently enrolled in a program involving stage management, live sound and show production, film production or a related field. Experience in theater production and/or event management is desirable. Computer literate in Microsoft Office.
A prerequisite to employment will be a criminal background check per the Volusia County School Board Jessica Lunsford Act. Must have a valid driver’s license.
This individual must also have sufficient mobility and strength to move about the facility and lift equipment (at least 50 pounds). The individual must also be able to work in adverse conditions that include rain, heat, insects, etc. This position is an unpaid internship and the student is responsible for finding housing accommodations and their own travel arrangements.
You must submit the following documents to be considered for the position:
1) Cover letter describing your personal and academic goals for this internship
3) College/university transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
4) References (minimum of two)
5) MDC Internship Application
All documents must be submitted to Guy Flick, Facilities Coordinator, by email at email@example.com. Application will be open until filled.